Friday, October 9

Ready?

I find it hard to believe that in 48 hours I will be on my way to China! This trip is a bit surreal for me since it was never really planned. I did my best over the last few weeks to prepare by speed reading travel books and doing online research. Still, I don't really feel it that the rubber will hit the road (or leave the tarmac) in less than 2 days.

Part of this dreamlike stupor is surely because the schedule is just jammed packed before the departure that there is just no time to reflect on what lies ahead. We packed the luggage last night (yes, we are *that* busy) and I kept thinking of my sister, joking around and telling me that it was okay if I forgot something since everything we have here is made in China anyways ;)
That's a lot of luggage for 2 people but since we'll be there 5 weeks and travelling North, we'll most probably experience at least 2 seasons. We decided to plan in case of colder temperatures.

So with this, I must admit that I feel mostly ready. There still is a bit of anxiety over being lost in a crowd that doesn't speak any languages I can understand but as a friend mentioned, I should be able to see over the crowd :)

1 comment:

  1. Have a safe flight. I'm envious. I've always wanted to visit china, but have always been afraid since I don't speak the language. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete